Using pgAgent w/o pgAdmin3 on linux

От Defiant Challenged
Тема Using pgAgent w/o pgAdmin3 on linux
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Dear Authors,

I was wondering if this email got through, since no-one replied in 6 days.....
I guess if no one knows the answer, then it seems right... but I figure I'd ask again.

Is it possible to run pgAgent  without pgAdmin III on a linux machine.
-
- I loaded the pgadmin catalog in the postgres database of the postgresql instance.

My next step would be to run pgAgent as a service, but I have no clue how to and if it is at all possible.
Any help or leads would be very welcome.

Kind regards,
Daniel Ettema

From: vrboy2000@hotmail.com
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: Using pgAgent w/o pgAdmin3 on linux
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 12:37:28 +0000

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}
Dear all,

our company bought some software which uses a 3rd party postgresql 8.3.8 on linux Centos 5.6
We want to use pgAgent to extend some functionality in the database. Now, obviously don't need a GUI, so I figured I don't need to install pgAdmin3. I downloaded:  pgAgent-3.0.0-Linux.tar.gz

I got to the point where I am trying to run the service pgAgent wirth a startup script and installed pgAgent catalog in the postgres database of the postgresql instance. When trying to run the service I get:
Starting PgAgent: pgagent: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
                                                           [FAILED]

I am using a startup script from postgresonline.com: http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/86-Yum-addendum-for-8.3.5-and-PgAgent.html

So I dont have a postgresql instance installed as you would do with yum install. I dont have pgAdmin installed and can't seem to find it in the default repositories: yum list pg* comes out blank. I downloaded and tried to install: pgadmin3-1.8.4-1.rhel5.x86_64.rpm
but it is complaining:
error: Failed dependencies:
        libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0()(
        etc etc

 I have considered adding the libs one by one as you progress, but i want to have a nice and clean solution :)

Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,
Daniel