Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns

От: henk de wit
Тема: Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (henk de wit, )
  Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Jesper Krogh, )
   Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (henk de wit, )
    Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Josh Berkus, )
     Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Mark Kirkwood, )
      Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Josh Berkus, )
     Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Scott Carey, )
      Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Josh Berkus, )
       Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Scott Carey, )
      Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Greg Smith, )
       Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Scott Carey, )
        Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Greg Smith, )
         Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  ("M. Edward (Ed) Borasky", )
       Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Mark Wong, )
        Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Scott Carey, )
         Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Mark Wong, )
        Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Mark Wong, )
 Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Laurent Laborde, )

> I've been using Bonnie++ for ages to do filesystem testing of new DB servers. But Josh Drake recently turned me on to IOZone.

Perhaps a little off-topic here, but I'm assuming you are using Linux to test your DB server (since you mention Bonnie++). But it seems to me that IOZone only has a win32 client. How did you actually run IOZone on Linux?