Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns

От Josh Berkus
Тема Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns
Дата
Re: Using IOZone to simulate DB access patterns  (Laurent Laborde <kerdezixe@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
All,

I've been using Bonnie++ for ages to do filesystem testing of new DB
servers.  But Josh Drake recently turned me on to IOZone.

Thing is, IOZone offers a huge complex series of parameters, so I'd
really like to have some idea of how to configure it so its results are
applicable to database performance.

For example, I have a database which is expected to grow to around 200GB
in size, most of which consists of two tables partioned into 0.5GB
chunks. Reads and writes are consistent and fairly random. The system
has 8 cores.  How would you configure IOZone to test a filesystem for this?

--Josh Berkus

Сообщение: Re: Question on pgbench output
Сообщение: Re: Question on pgbench output