Re: Installation problem: failed to initialize lc_messages to ""

От Stefan Schwarzer
Тема Re: Installation problem: failed to initialize lc_messages to ""
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>>> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D --locale=en_US.UTF-8
>>> /Users/schwarzer/Documents/data_postgres
>
>> Dunno if it'll make a difference, but I'd put the "-D" immediately
>> before the path to the data directory.
>
> Also, pay attention to the first few lines of initdb output ---
> it will tell you what it thinks it's supposed to use for locale.

It tells me the following:

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"schwarzer".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_US.UTF-8.
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to UTF8.

fixing permissions on existing directory /Users/schwarzer/Documents/
data_postgres ... ok
creating directory /Users/schwarzer/Documents/data_postgres/global ...
ok
creating directory /Users/schwarzer/Documents/data_postgres/
pg_xlog ... ok
creating directory /Users/schwarzer/Documents/data_postgres/pg_xlog/
archive_status ... ok
creating directory /Users/schwarzer/Documents/data_postgres/
pg_clog ... ok
creating directory /Users/schwarzer/Documents/data_postgres/
pg_subtrans ... ok
creating directory /Users/schwarzer/Documents/data_postgres/
pg_twophase ... ok
creating directory /Users/schwarzer/Documents/data_postgres/
pg_multixact/members ... ok
creating directory /Users/schwarzer/Documents/data_postgres/
pg_multixact/offsets ... ok
creating directory /Users/schwarzer/Documents/data_postgres/base ... ok
creating directory /Users/schwarzer/Documents/data_postgres/base/1 ...
ok
creating directory /Users/schwarzer/Documents/data_postgres/
pg_tblspc ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 10
selecting default shared_buffers ... 50
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /Users/schwarzer/Documents/
data_postgres/base/1 ... FATAL:  XX000: failed to initialize
lc_messages to ""
LOCATION:  InitializeGUCOptions, guc.c:2666
child process exited with exit code 1
initdb: removing contents of data directory "/Users/schwarzer/
Documents/data_postgres"

How can I control/verify the "server process"? To see if it's running
correctly and that "schwarzer" is as well its owner? Perhaps it's
related with this?