Re: Duplicate data even with primary keys enabled

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Duplicate data even with primary keys enabled
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On Oct 28, 2022, at 2:42 PM, Teju Jakkidi vlogs <teja.jakkidi05@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am wondering how the query matters here?

Because it's possible to write a query that returns the same row multiple times.

> Also, I am just running a simple select from "TEST" with COL1, COL2, COL3 in the WHERE condition.
> select * from 'TEST" WHERE COL1='3456' AND  COL2='76542' AND COL3='5';
>
> The actual Issue is I am unable to figure out why the table is having duplicate data in the primary key columns. Or
howpostgres accepted 2 rows with the same combination of the columns in the primary key constraint. I would expect it
tothrow primary key constraint violation error.

A  corrupted index could allow that to happen by failing to catch the duplicate insert. I suppose it might also be able
tocause the same row to be returned multiple times--although I have personally only ever seen corrupted indexes cause
rowsto not be found.

I'd suggest posting the result of \d "TEST", to make sure that the index hasn't been altered (or dropped), and trying
REINDEXon the table as well.

От: Teju Jakkidi vlogs
Сообщение: Re: Duplicate data even with primary keys enabled
От: Marco DE BOOIJ
Сообщение: Re: Duplicate data even with primary keys enabled