pg_xlog volume question

От Mark Steben
Тема pg_xlog volume question
Дата
Re: pg_xlog volume question  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hello listers,

I'm designing a PITR backup / recovery scenario where I'm log-shipping to
another location and recovering using a tar backup and log roll forward.
The plan is to save a week's worth of logs and restore nightly using the
accumulated logs to that point.  A daily full backup is too
expensive and time consuming - it takes over 36 hours to transport it over
the network to the recovery site.  So we're going with the weekly backup and
saving the weeks worth of logs.

As you well know, I will require a LOT of storage for the xlogs.  I'm
currently creating about 2GB of logs every hour.  Is there a config
parameter to reduce the amount that Xlog takes up?  At this rate I'm looking
at close to 400GB to restore the database at the end of the week.

Any help appreciated.

Mark Steben│Database Administrator│
@utoRevenue-R- "Join the Revenue-tion"
95 Ashley Ave. West Springfield, MA., 01089
413-243-4800 x1512 (Phone) │ 413-732-1824 (Fax)
@utoRevenue is a registered trademark and a division of Dominion Enterprises