error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3

От Surabhi Ahuja
Тема error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3
Дата
Re: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3  (Russell Smith <mr-russ@pws.com.au>)
Список pgsql-general
 i have written a program sample.c
it is as folllows:
#include<stdlib.h>
#include<libpq-fe.h>
int main()
{
        PGconn *myconnection = PQconnectdb("");
        printf("Hi");
        return 0;
}

I then compile this program using makefile
make sample
cc -I/usr/local/pgsql/include    sample.c  -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq -o sample
I then run it....and it gives and error
[indra:/homes/surabi] ./sample
./sample: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Please tell what the problem is..and how should I rectify it?