Rule rewrite to possible union?

От Erik Jones
Тема Rule rewrite to possible union?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Here's what I'd like to happen, but I'm not seeing how it can be done.

Say we have this simple table:

CREATE TABLE foo (
id integer,
foo varchar
);

and then many tables along these lines:

CREATE TABLE ud1_foo (LIKE foo);
CREATE TABLE ud2_foo (LIKE foo);

What I'd like is to do is select against foo and if there is an id in
the where clause equal to 1 or 2 add a union with the appropriate
table.  I could easily do this at the application level, but this is
for a migration (the ud tables are going away) and I'd like to
minimize the number of transient application code changes wherever
possible.  Is there any way I can make this happen?

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888