Re: Does CLUSTER generate WAL data?

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Does CLUSTER generate WAL data?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Aug 24, 2016, at 6:09 PM, Craig James <cjames@emolecules.com> wrote:

> Right, I understand that the WAL has to record the operation. But I'm not sure that answers the question. If the
contentsof the WAL are, "copy this table to that table in index order", then no data from the table itself will be in
theWAL. On the other hand, if the contents of the WAL are "create a new table, and then insert all of this data", then
theWAL records will be huge.

> Which is it?

WAL records changes at the page level, not commands; so it will be the one you don't want.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

От: Craig James
Сообщение: Re: Does CLUSTER generate WAL data?
От: Poul Kristensen
Сообщение: Re: tools to centralize postgreSQL account management