Re: Setting up pgpass.conf for the postgres OS user on windows for pgAgent

От Vibhor Kumar
Тема Re: Setting up pgpass.conf for the postgres OS user on windows for pgAgent
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Aug 12, 2010, at 2:43 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to set up pgAgent on windows. I'm using the EDB 8.4.4
> package. I know that it is bad practice to put the password directly
> in the conninfo string, so I've avoided that. I want to use pgpass
> authentication, per the instructions for pgAgent.
>
> I get an fe_sendauth error message in windows event viewer for the
> pgagent service when I attempt to start pgagent. I'm not sure where I
> should put the pgpass.conf file so that it's in the postgres service
> account's %APPDATA%\postgresql directory. Perhaps someone could give
> further direction.

pgpass.conf file should in %APPDATA%\postgresql directory of user/account, which you will use to start the pgagent.

Suppose if you want start pgagent as user peter account on windows, then you have to keep the pgpass.conf file in
%APPDATA%\postgresqldirectory of peter account.

-Vibhor