Setting up pgpass.conf for the postgres OS user on windows for pgAgent

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Setting up pgpass.conf for the postgres OS user on windows for pgAgent
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I would like to set up pgAgent on windows. I'm using the EDB 8.4.4
package. I know that it is bad practice to put the password directly
in the conninfo string, so I've avoided that. I want to use pgpass
authentication, per the instructions for pgAgent.

I get an fe_sendauth error message in windows event viewer for the
pgagent service when I attempt to start pgagent. I'm not sure where I
should put the pgpass.conf file so that it's in the postgres service
account's %APPDATA%\postgresql directory. Perhaps someone could give
further direction.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: foreign keys and inheritance problem
Сообщение: Re: foreign keys and inheritance problem