Re: question about wal and point in time recovery

От Mohan, Ross
Тема Re: question about wal and point in time recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you!

( would send this to yer eddress directly, but it's decided
   my biz email is a spam address, or somesuch:
 <imail01.arbinet.com #5.7.1 SMTP; 550 5.7.1 Probable spam from 64.74.47.121
  refused - see http://www.five-ten-sg.com/blackhole.php? )

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:26 AM
To: Mohan, Ross
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] question about wal and point in time recovery

"Mohan, Ross" <RMohan@arbinet.com> writes:
> In any case, do you have a pointer to this R&R WAL tool?

I haven't posted it anywhere, but here is the 8.0 version.  You'd build it something like this:

PGSQL=(location of PG source tree)
CC=gcc
CFLAGS=-Wall -O -I $(PGSQL)/src/include

xlogdump: xlogdump.c
    $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o xlogdump xlogdump.c $(PGSQL)/src/backend/utils/hash/pg_crc.c

It needs improvement to understand more WAL record types, but what it does has been sufficient for my debugging needs
todate.  Ideally someone would clean it up and make it into a contrib module so it could get into the source tree and
bemaintained properly ...

Сообщение: Re: question about wal and point in time recovery
Сообщение: Re: question about wal and point in time recovery