Re: Regression tests failing if not launched on db "regression"

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Regression tests failing if not launched on db "regression"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On 2013/12/06, at 3:52, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

>>> This does not seem like a bug to me, although maybe we'd better update the
>>> documentation to specify that you need to use a DB named regression.
>
>> At the same thing, supporting it might not cost anything.
>
> Well, changing these specific tests today might not be terribly expensive,
> but what is it that prevents more such tests from being committed next
> week?  Perhaps by somebody who feels current_database() should be included
> in code coverage, for example?
>
> More generally, we never have and never can promise that the regression
> tests pass regardless of environment.  If you turn off enable_seqscan,
> for instance, you'll get a whole lot of not-terribly-exciting diffs.
> I see no particular benefit to promising that the name of the regression
> database isn't significant.
You got a point here. Classifying that as a "don't do that" in the documentation is fine for me as well, as I recall
that--dbname has been added to pg_regress only for contrib regression support.

Regards,
--
Michael
(Sent from my mobile phone)

От: Omar Kilani
Сообщение: How to detect invisible rows caused by the relfrozenxid bug?
От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: How to detect invisible rows caused by the relfrozenxid bug?