Re: How to detect invisible rows caused by the relfrozenxid bug?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: How to detect invisible rows caused by the relfrozenxid bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Omar Kilani <omar.kilani@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How would one go about detecting whether they've lost rows due to the
> relfrozenxid?
>
> Unfortunately running 'SELECT txid_current() < 2^31' on our DB returns
> false, and I'm a little bit worried, since we've been seeing some
> WeirdStuff(tm) lately.
>
> We're "only" 200M txids or so past 2^31.

We've been working on coming up with a way to determine this, and I
think we're pretty close, so if you can hang tight for a bit,
hopefully we can post something.

That said, if anyone else has come up with a method, I'd be interested
in looking at it.

Robert Treat
play: xzilla.net
work: omniti.com