Re: Role Models Wanted

От Cory 'G' Watson
Тема Re: Role Models Wanted
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 03:55  PM, Steve Crawford wrote:

> I'm searching for projects that would serve as good PostgreSQL
> examples. In
> fact it would be nice to have a place on the PostgreSQL web page that
> featured some good examples. (If such a place exists and I missed it,
> please
> let me know.)
> -Open-source (naturally, it's hard to use as an example otherwise)
>
> -Good database structure/normalization

http://www.loggerithim.org

It probably only meets those two criteria, but I feel the database
structure is pretty sound (but I'm biased) I use views to denormalize
(rather than make the Perl ugly).  It's a monitoring app that generates
graphs (similar to MRTG), and 24 hours worth of data (144 samples) gets
selected and graphed in approximately a quarter second (when vacuuming
is done properly), even with 8 million+ rows.

The code is a pre-release, with a full version out in a few days, but
the db is sound.  I'm open to suggestions. ;)

Cory 'G' Watson
http://www.loggerithim.org