Re: How to remove a superuser

От Tomeh, Husam
Тема Re: How to remove a superuser
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
My understanding is that, in 8.1, you'd need to revoke the privileges
before being able to drop the role/user.

8.2 seems to have two additional nice commands:  "drop owned" command to
remove the objects owned by the user, and "reassign owned" to change the
ownership and give the objects to someone else.

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/sql-drop-owned.html
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/sql-reassign-owned.html

--
  Husam
  http://firstdba.googlepages.com

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Richard Ray
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 12:23 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] How to remove a superuser

I need to drop a superuser account. I get

dba=# drop role bram;
ERROR:  role "bram" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it
DETAIL:  owner of view teacher
owner of type teacher
owner of view temp1
owner of type temp1

What is the preferred method.

Thanks
Richard Ray

       match
This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may
containinformation that is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering
itto the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is
strictlyprohibited.  If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the
messageand delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.

                                   FADLD Tag