Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

От Marc Linster
Тема Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Team:

here is an updated patch that removes the references to cloud, bare metal etc.

Sorry for the delay - too much travel

M.

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 07/07/2016 10:56 AM, Dave Page wrote:
I object strongly. I believe we should give information up front to help
users choose.

The information is there. I am just not including:

Oh, EDB has an "interactive installer", oh "Big SQL" has one too! It is just called the Devops sandbox.

(For example).

The other option is, we list each vendor with a link to a page that describes each vendors package. That is cumbersome and we aren't getting paid by EDB or OpenSCG to do that (at least I am not).

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/
                        +1-503-667-4564