Re: Partitioned tables and covering indexes

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Partitioned tables and covering indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 1:14 AM, Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> wrote:
That's the idea that I tried to express. The point is that we need to
tell the user that there is no need to worry about it, rather than
that they're wrong to ask about it. Though we should probably actually
just throw an error.

Or maybe it should be the collation of the underlying table columns.
Otherwise the collation returned by an index-only scan would be
different from a table scan, no?
+1, dangerous

I'm OK with collation of included columns to be the same as collation
of underlying table columns.  But I still think we should throw an error
when user is trying to specify his own collation of included columns.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company