Re: Partitioned tables and covering indexes

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Partitioned tables and covering indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 6:14 AM, Alexander Korotkov
<a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> I'm OK with collation of included columns to be the same as collation
> of underlying table columns.  But I still think we should throw an error
> when user is trying to specify his own collation of included columns.

I agree.  The collation of a table column is just setting a default
for how it gets interpreted in queries, but the collation of an index
column affects the ordering of the index.  For INCLUDE columns, the
latter isn't relevant, so the value has no meaning.  Letting people
set a meaningless value sometimes gets us into trouble (see also the
nearby thread on TABLESPACE settings on partitioned tables).

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Native partitioning tablespace inheritance
Сообщение: Re: Native partitioning tablespace inheritance