Re: [HACKERS] Remove 1MB size limit in tsvector

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Remove 1MB size limit in tsvector
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 7:38 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Ildus K <i.kurbangaliev@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> It's a workaround. DatumGetTSVector and
> DatumGetTSVectorCopy will upgrade tsvector on the fly if it
> has old format.

Hmm, that seems like a real fix, not just a workaround.  If you can
transparently read the old format, there's no problem.  Not sure about
performance, though.

+1
Ildus, I think we need to benchmark reading of the old format.  There would be tradeoff between performance of old format reading and amount of extra code needed.  Once we will have benchmarks we can consider whether this is the solution we would like to buy.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company