Re: [HACKERS] Remove 1MB size limit in tsvector

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Remove 1MB size limit in tsvector
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Remove 1MB size limit in tsvector  (Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Ildus K <i.kurbangaliev@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> It's a workaround. DatumGetTSVector and
> DatumGetTSVectorCopy will upgrade tsvector on the fly if it
> has old format.

Hmm, that seems like a real fix, not just a workaround.  If you can
transparently read the old format, there's no problem.  Not sure about
performance, though.

The patch doesn't really conform to our coding standards, though, so
you need to clean it up (or, if you're not sure what you need to do,
you need to have someone who knows how PostgreSQL code needs to look
review it for you).

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company