Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 2:44 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2016-02-02 13:12:50 +0300, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 12:43 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>
> > On 2016-02-01 13:06:57 +0300, Alexander Korotkov wrote:

> > So, there's a small regression on low client counts. That's worth
> > addressing.
> >

> Interesting. I'll try to reproduce it.

Any progress here?

I didn't reproduce the regression. I had access to multicore machine but didn't see either regression on low clients or improvements on high clients.
In the attached path spinlock delay was exposed in s_lock.h and used in LockBufHdr().
Dilip, could you try this version of patch? Could you also run perf or other profiler in the case of regression. It would be nice to compare profiles with and without patch. We probably could find the cause of regression.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company
Вложения