Re: Don't like getObjectDescription results for pg_amop/pg_amproc

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Don't like getObjectDescription results for pg_amop/pg_amproc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 2:08 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Or maybe we're just being too ambitious here and we should discard some of
> this information.  I'm not really sure that the format_operator result
> can be included without complete loss of intelligibility.
>
> Thoughts?  I'm particularly unclear on how any of this might translate
> into other languages, though I doubt that the current text is giving
> good guidance to translators.

Can left and right types of pg_amop mismatch to those of pg_operatror?
 It probably could for domains, any* types or something.  But for
builtin opclasses they always match.

# select * from pg_amop amop join pg_operator op on op.oid =
amop.amopopr where amop.amoplefttype != op.oprleft or
amop.amoprighttype != op.oprright;
(0 rows)

Could we discard one pair of types from output?

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company