Re: Don't like getObjectDescription results for pg_amop/pg_amproc

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Don't like getObjectDescription results for pg_amop/pg_amproc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 2:08 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Or maybe we're just being too ambitious here and we should discard some of
>> this information.  I'm not really sure that the format_operator result
>> can be included without complete loss of intelligibility.

> Could we discard one pair of types from output?

Yeah, it would help to stop using format_operator and just print the
bare name of the operator.  (format_operator can actually make things
a whole lot worse than depicted in my example, because it may insist
on schema-qualification and double-quoting.)  In principle that could
be ambiguous ... but the pg_amop entry has already been identified fully,
and I don't think it needs to be part of the charter of this printout
to *also* identify the underlying operator with complete precision.

I'm still not sure how to cram the operator name into the output
without using a colon, though.