Idea: Always consistent in-database cache using SSI mechanisms

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Idea: Always consistent in-database cache using SSI mechanisms
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hackers,

After Hekki's talk on PgConf.EU about SSI, some idea comes to my mind. Coundn't be predicate locking implementation in SSI be used for in-database cache invalidation.
It could be possible to implement in-database cache which will acquire predicate locks like SSI transactions. In case of any conflich with other transactions corresponding cache invalidates. Therefore, it might be possible to get acceleration of caching without risk of inconsistent answers.
Actually, I don't understand SSI in details. So, probably I mess up things. Does my idea any matter?

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.