Re: [HACKERS] LWLock optimization for multicore Power machines

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] LWLock optimization for multicore Power machines
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 1:47 PM, Bernd Helmle <mailings@oopsware.de> wrote:
Am Samstag, den 11.02.2017, 15:42 +0300 schrieb Alexander Korotkov:
> I think it would make sense to run more kinds of tests.  Could you
> try set
> of tests provided by Tomas Vondra?
> If even we wouldn't see win some of the tests, it would be still
> valuable
> to see that there is no regression there.

Sorry for the delay.

But here are the results after having run Tomas' benchmarks scripts.
The pgbench-ro benchmark shows a clear win of the lwlock-power-3 patch,
also you see a slight advantage of this patch in the pgbench-rw graph.
At least, i don't see any signifikant regression somewhere.

The graphs are showing the average values over all five runs for each
client count.

Thank you very much for testing, results look good.
I'll keep trying to access bigger Power machine where advantage of patch is expected to be larger.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company