Re: [HACKERS] LWLock optimization for multicore Power machines

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Re: [HACKERS] LWLock optimization for multicore Power machines
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Am Samstag, den 11.02.2017, 15:42 +0300 schrieb Alexander Korotkov:
> I think it would make sense to run more kinds of tests.  Could you
> try set
> of tests provided by Tomas Vondra?
> If even we wouldn't see win some of the tests, it would be still
> valuable
> to see that there is no regression there.

Sorry for the delay.

But here are the results after having run Tomas' benchmarks scripts.
The pgbench-ro benchmark shows a clear win of the lwlock-power-3 patch,
also you see a slight advantage of this patch in the pgbench-rw graph.
At least, i don't see any signifikant regression somewhere.

The graphs are showing the average values over all five runs for each
client count.