Re: WIP: collect frequency statistics for arrays

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: WIP: collect frequency statistics for arrays
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

Thanks for your attention to my patch!

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Nathan Boley <npboley@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking now, I see that Alexander wasn't Cc'd on the review, so it's
> possible he missed the message?

We've corresponded off list and have discussed my review at some length.

Alex submitted an updated patch on Sep 22 to me personally ( although
not to the list? Alex? ), with the promise of a new version with
improved comments.

Oh, I didn't noticed that I've posted updated patch off-list. So, there is repost of that version of patch. List of changes is below:
1) Distinct slot is used for length histogram.
2) Standard statistics is collected for arrays.
3) Most common values and most common elements are mapped to distinct columns of pg_stats view, because both of them are calculated for arrays.

Now, it's hard for me to give to it as much time as I would like to. But I hope to present improved comments and testing until end of october.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.
Вложения