Re: postgres_fdw: misplaced? comments in connection.c

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: postgres_fdw: misplaced? comments in connection.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 5:05 PM Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com> wrote:
> The comments for pgfdw_get_cleanup_result() say this:
>
>  * It's not a huge problem if we throw an ERROR here, but if we get into error
>  * recursion trouble, we'll end up slamming the connection shut, which will
>  * necessitate failing the entire toplevel transaction even if subtransactions
>  * were used.  Try to use WARNING where we can.
>
> But we don’t use WARNING anywhere in that function.  The right place
> for this is pgfdw_exec_cleanup_query()?

I noticed that pgfdw_cancel_query(), which is called during (sub)abort
cleanup if necessary, also uses WARNING, instead of ERROR, to avoid
the error-recursion-trouble issue.  So I think it would be good to
move this to pgfdw_cancel_query() as well as
pgfdw_exec_cleanup_query().  Attached is a patch for that.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Вложения