Re: psql on Mac

От Ozan Kahramanogullari
Тема Re: psql on Mac
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Yes, sorry you are right. The file is indeed indicated to be where I mentioned.

~~~~~~~~~~

postgres=# show hba_file;

                hba_file

 /Library/PostgreSQL/10/data/pg_hba.conf

(1 row)

~~~~~~~

Maybe this would help you to help me, thank you.

I am also pasting the complete content of the the pg_hba.conf below.

Cheers,

Ozan

# PostgreSQL Client Authentication Configuration File

# ===================================================

#

# Refer to the "Client Authentication" section in the PostgreSQL

# documentation for a complete description of this file.  A short

# synopsis follows.

#

# This file controls: which hosts are allowed to connect, how clients

# are authenticated, which PostgreSQL user names they can use, which

# databases they can access.  Records take one of these forms:

#

# local      DATABASE  USER  METHOD  [OPTIONS]

# host       DATABASE  USER  ADDRESS  METHOD  [OPTIONS]

# hostssl    DATABASE  USER  ADDRESS  METHOD  [OPTIONS]

# hostnossl  DATABASE  USER  ADDRESS  METHOD  [OPTIONS]

#

# (The uppercase items must be replaced by actual values.)

#

# The first field is the connection type: "local" is a Unix-domain

# socket, "host" is either a plain or SSL-encrypted TCP/IP socket,

# "hostssl" is an SSL-encrypted TCP/IP socket, and "hostnossl" is a

# plain TCP/IP socket.

#

# DATABASE can be "all", "sameuser", "samerole", "replication", a

# database name, or a comma-separated list thereof. The "all"

# keyword does not match "replication". Access to replication

# must be enabled in a separate record (see example below).

#

# USER can be "all", a user name, a group name prefixed with "+", or a

# comma-separated list thereof.  In both the DATABASE and USER fields

# you can also write a file name prefixed with "@" to include names

# from a separate file.

#

# ADDRESS specifies the set of hosts the record matches.  It can be a

# host name, or it is made up of an IP address and a CIDR mask that is

# an integer (between 0 and 32 (IPv4) or 128 (IPv6) inclusive) that

# specifies the number of significant bits in the mask.  A host name

# that starts with a dot (.) matches a suffix of the actual host name.

# Alternatively, you can write an IP address and netmask in separate

# columns to specify the set of hosts.  Instead of a CIDR-address, you

# can write "samehost" to match any of the server's own IP addresses,

# or "samenet" to match any address in any subnet that the server is

# directly connected to.

#

# METHOD can be "trust", "reject", "md5", "password", "scram-sha-256",

# "gss", "sspi", "ident", "peer", "pam", "ldap", "radius" or "cert".

# Note that "password" sends passwords in clear text; "md5" or

# "scram-sha-256" are preferred since they send encrypted passwords.

#

# OPTIONS are a set of options for the authentication in the format

# NAME=VALUE.  The available options depend on the different

# authentication methods -- refer to the "Client Authentication"

# section in the documentation for a list of which options are

# available for which authentication methods.

#

#

# Database and user names containing spaces, commas, quotes and other

# special characters must be quoted.  Quoting one of the keywords

# "all", "sameuser", "samerole" or "replication" makes the name lose

# its special character, and just match a database or username with

# that name.

#

# This file is read on server startup and when the server receives a

# SIGHUP signal.  If you edit the file on a running system, you have to

# SIGHUP the server for the changes to take effect, run "pg_ctl reload",

# or execute "SELECT pg_reload_conf()".

#

# Put your actual configuration here

# ----------------------------------

#

# If you want to allow non-local connections, you need to add more

# "host" records.  In that case you will also need to make PostgreSQL

# listen on a non-local interface via the listen_addresses

# configuration parameter, or via the -i or -h command line switches.

# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD

local   all             all                                     trust

# IPv4 local connections:

host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            trust

# IPv6 local connections:

host    all             all             ::1/128                 trust

# Allow replication connections from localhost, by a user with the

# replication privilege.

local   replication     all                                     trust

host    replication     all             127.0.0.1/32            trust

host    replication     all             ::1/128                 trust

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 at 12:24, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Ozan Kahramanogullari <ozan.kah@gmail.com> writes:
> Well, I took the default settings when I was installing PostgreSQL. And,
> yes, I ran the "show" commands on the command line console; it gave an
> error. I ran the "show" commands on the psql prompt that delivered nothing,
> no error as well.

Nothing?  That seems pretty unlikely.  It should look something like this:

$ psql postgres
psql (12devel)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# show hba_file;
                hba_file
 /Users/tgl/testversion/data/pg_hba.conf
(1 row)

Maybe you forgot the command-ending semicolon, or something?