Re: psql on Mac

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql on Mac
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Ozan Kahramanogullari <ozan.kah@gmail.com> writes:
> Yes, sorry you are right. The file is indeed indicated to be where I
> mentioned.

Well, there's something really screwy going on here.  A server using the
pg_hba.conf file you showed us should never ask for a password at all.
I'm reduced to theorizing that you have two Postgres servers running on
that machine, or "localhost" isn't resolving the way you think and the
"psql -h localhost" cases are connecting somewhere else.

I'm not sure of the current state of affairs, but at least older versions
of Apple Remote Desktop had a version of PG included ... so the idea that
there's another server besides the one you know about isn't to be
dismissed out-of-hand.  Digging through "ps auxww" output might be
informative.