Re: Tackling JsonPath support

От Christian Convey
Тема Re: Tackling JsonPath support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote

> I thought by adding my first implementation to "contrib", we could make this functionality available to end-users, even before there was a consensus about what PG's "official" JSON-related operators should have for syntax and semantics.

this time the commiters dislike the contrib dir. It is hard to push there anything :-(. You can try it, but it can be lost time.

​Thanks for the warning.  I'm okay with  my patch adding the "json_path" function to the core PG code.​

I would still suggest that we hold off on having my first patch implement an official JSON-related operator such as "JSON_TABLE".  I would prefer to have my "json_path" function available to users even before we know how "JSON_TABLE", etc. should behave.

​Does that sound reasonable?​