Re: Question about load balance

От Chris Angelico
Тема Re: Question about load balance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:17 AM, Condor <condor@stz-bg.com> wrote:
> On 2012-06-11 21:03, John R Pierce wrote:
>>
>> On 06/11/12 2:11 AM, Condor wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, I now but these parameters can't be increase forever. It's can but
>>> isn't cheep.
>>> For that reason I looking some other ways.
>>
>> why don't you worry about that when you get there, rather than before
>> you even start?
>
> May be because some times when some one start a new business does not have
> 20k $ for
> a new server and resource of the server is enough for the moment and as I
> planed

Postgres performance is pretty awesome even on a cheap laptop. I've
done thrash testing on a basic unit that forms the backbone of our
dev/test system, and also on a similar laptop that has a couple
hundred dollars of SSD replacing its standard hard drive, and both of
them can handle more TPS than you would think to look at them. (I
don't actually have database-level TPS ratings for them, but they
managed 5-10K items per second of conceptual throughput - each "item"
involving quite a bit of processing.) Put it onto some real server
hardware, even just $1K or so, and you'll have something that you can
upgrade for as long as you need to.

ChrisA