Re: Question about load balance

От Condor
Тема Re: Question about load balance
Дата
Re: Question about load balance  (Chris Angelico <rosuav@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 2012-06-11 21:03, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 06/11/12 2:11 AM, Condor wrote:
>> Yes, I now but these parameters can't be increase forever. It's can
>> but isn't cheep.
>> For that reason I looking some other ways.
>

> why don't you worry about that when you get there, rather than before
> you even start?

May be because some times when some one start a new business does not
have 20k $ for
a new server and resource of the server is enough for the moment and as
I planed
is enough for this year. My question was how stable is pgpool, what
problems I can
expect, and pure curiosity what is the technique for managing large
databases.
CPU and memory to the second coming or are there other techniques for
scattering
  applications on other servers.

> I've got a 2U dual xeon X5660 server w/ 48GB ram, and built in 20 x
> 15k raid10 that can handle like 5000 TPS-C style transactions/second,
> (pg_bench).   these are update transactions.
>

> --
> john r pierce                            N 37, W 122
> santa cruz ca                         mid-left coast

H.