Re: Issue in compiling postgres on latest macOS 14.1.1

От Shaik Mohammad Mujeeb
Тема Re: Issue in compiling postgres on latest macOS 14.1.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom Lane,

Sorry for not providing the context properly in the previous mail. I have recently updated to macOS 14.1.1 and tried to compile postgres. I have mentioned the steps I had followed and the output of those steps in the attached file. I am getting the same error during build time for all the branches [ REL_14_STABLE, REL_15_STABLE, master, etc,. ]. Please note that the same steps were working fine, when I was in macOS 13.

Please let me know if any other information is required.

Thanks & Regards,
Mujeeb.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 9:19 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Shaik Mohammad Mujeeb <smmujeeb2001@gmail.com> writes:
> After updating to macOS 14.1.1, I am facing below error while compiling
> postgres. Can someone help me in solving this?

> ld: multiple errors: archive member '/' not a mach-o file in
> '/src/port/libpgport.a'; archive member '/' not a mach-o file in
> '/src/common/libpgcommon.a'

Hmm.  I kind of wonder if you are doing something odd like trying
to build in a directory path whose name contains spaces.  We aren't
terribly clean about weird path names at build time.

Beyond that, you've given exactly zero context that would help
anyone else in understanding or duplicating the problem.
"It doesn't work on macOS 14.1.1" is not useful, because that
works fine for me and a number of other people.

                        regards, tom lane
Вложения