Re: Issue in compiling postgres on latest macOS 14.1.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Issue in compiling postgres on latest macOS 14.1.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Shaik Mohammad Mujeeb <smmujeeb2001@gmail.com> writes:
> After updating to macOS 14.1.1, I am facing below error while compiling
> postgres. Can someone help me in solving this?

> ld: multiple errors: archive member '/' not a mach-o file in
> '/src/port/libpgport.a'; archive member '/' not a mach-o file in
> '/src/common/libpgcommon.a'

Hmm.  I kind of wonder if you are doing something odd like trying
to build in a directory path whose name contains spaces.  We aren't
terribly clean about weird path names at build time.

Beyond that, you've given exactly zero context that would help
anyone else in understanding or duplicating the problem.
"It doesn't work on macOS 14.1.1" is not useful, because that
works fine for me and a number of other people.