Re: pg_dump insert column GENERATED

От Дмитрий Иванов
Тема Re: pg_dump insert column GENERATED
Дата
Re: pg_dump insert column GENERATED
Список pgsql-general
Yes and yes.
I don't get regular results in my experiments. I filled in some of the tables this morning, but now I can't do it again.
> INSERT INTO bpd.plan_calendar (create in version 12)
> OK
I can't do it again.

>If I am following the bpg.object table was originally created in
>Postgres 10, correct?
Yes

bpd.plan_calendar was created in the Postgres 12 instance of the
database with GENERATED ALWAYS AS, correct?
Yes

>Postgres 10 did not have GENERATED ALWAYS AS, that appeared in Postgres 12.
>So did you do an ALTER TABLE ... GENERATED ALWAYS AS on bpg.object in
>the Postgres 12 version of the database?
I think you're right, I added later.

>Means was the instance the standby in a replication setup that was then
>moved up(promoted) to the primary.

wal_level = replica # minimal, replica, or logical
Never been in a replication relationship.

Are the below from the bpd.sql file?
Yes
Why does pg_dump insert data into the calculated columns?
I entered the data manually via export/import, excluding the problematic field because its value will be calculated when inserted.