Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4

От Shirley Wang
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4
Дата
Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 4:14 AM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi!

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 9:33 PM, Shirley Wang <swang@pivotal.io> wrote:
Hello!

Update on alerts
Here are mockups of error and update alert styles, as modeled by bootstrap.

Success messages appear
- after running a query
- adding a database (database connected)

Error messages appear
- after running query
- missing info in dialogs

Let me know if I'm missing any areas that have different styling.

Running a query
success-query.png
error-query.png
I've added rounded corners - it doesn't seem like there are any other areas where sharp corners are used so I think these should be round.

Nice!

Dialog messages
database-error.png
connectserver-error.png

A note about 'connect to server' message. Currently the error appears above where you enter a password. I think all messages should live at the bottom of the dialog, above the buttons.

Agreed. I like the change - though I prefer the version in Figma (below):

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 09.10.37.png

I think it looks more attractive, and is more obviously a "transient element" (for want of a better term) - i.e. something that will go away again. I think we also need to style the error highlighting on the actual field to use the same shades of red.

Cool. Agree with those points. Let's do that.

Another thing, I was checking if the success and error messages are be differentiable for people who have Deuteranopia (red-green color blindness), and it's pretty difficult.

Example:
Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 10.53.50 AM.png

I think the addition of icons and some copy would help:
Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 11.28.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-26 at 11.28.51 AM.pngrunquery-success.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 11.42.30 AM.png
run query- fail.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 11.42.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 11.39.05 AM.png

Вложения