Re: corrupted indexes when using base backups generated from hot standby

От Lonni J Friedman
Тема Re: corrupted indexes when using base backups generated from hot standby
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 8:32 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> On 26.01.2013 01:28, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 2:57 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
>> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> That process sounds correct. Since you're using pg_basebackup -x option,
>>> you
>>>
>>> don't even need to copy the WAL logs, although it shouldn't do any harm
>>> either . The tar file should contain everything needed to restore the
>>> backup.
>>>
>>> Can you provide more information? The log output would be nice. How large
>>> is
>>> the database? What kind of activity is there in the master while the
>>> backup
>>> is taken?
>>

>> Sorry for the delayed reply, I was out of the office.
>>
>> The database is about 530GB uncompressed.  The master is quite busy
>> all the time, with inserts, updates&  deletes.
>>

>> I've attached all the recent errors.  I could send you the entire log
>> if you'd prefer, its about 800KB compressed.
>

> Thanks. I'm afraid I didn't get any wiser from the log output. Since this is
> a test system, could you reduce the test case into something smaller and
> self-contained?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're requesting.  How can I reduce a
test case when all I'm doing to generate the corrupted data is running
pg_basebackup on the standby?  Do you mean using a smaller database?

Сообщение: Re: corrupted indexes when using base backups generated from hot standby
Сообщение: Re: corrupted indexes when using base backups generated from hot standby