Re: Backup's from standby

От Valentine Gogichashvili
Тема Re: Backup's from standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > What issue we may face if you take a backups(includes data dir + wal files)
> > at standby without LVM snapshot?
>
> The backup might be corrupted in arbitrary ways.

And what will happen, if one issues a pg_start_backup() on the master, then takes a file-backup on slave, and issues pg_stop_backup() on master again? As far as I remember this approach was working for me, considering, that all needed WAL files are transferred to the newly created DB copy as well.

-- Valentine Gogichashvili