Re: ICU integration

От Doug Doole
Тема Re: ICU integration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I understand that in principle, but I don't see operating system
> providers shipping a bunch of ICU versions to facilitate that.  They
> will usually ship one.

Yep. If you want the protection I've described, you can't depend on the OS copy of ICU. You need to have multiple ICU libraries that are named/installed such that you can load the specific version you want. It also means that you can have dependencies on versions of ICU that are no longer supported. (In my previous project, we were shipping 3 copies of the ICU library, going back to 2.x. Needless to say, we didn't add support for every drop of ICU.)

--
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/