Re: Initdb-time block size specification

От David Christensen
Тема Re: Initdb-time block size specification
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 5, 2023 at 2:52 PM Hannu Krosing <hannuk@google.com> wrote:

> Something I also asked at this years Unconference - Do we currently
> have Build Farm animals testing with different page sizes ?
>
> I'd say that testing all sizes from 4KB up (so 4, 8, 16, 32) should be
> done at least before each release if not continuously.
>
> -- Cheers
>
> Hannu

The regression tests currently have a lot of breakage when running
against non-standard block sizes, so I would assume the answer here is
no.  I would expect that we will want to add regression test variants
or otherwise normalize results so they will work with differing block
sizes, but have not done that yet.