Re: Creating database links

От Jorge Fernandez
Тема Re: Creating database links
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
This is what we're using , don't forget to install db_link module

select * from dblink('host=1192.168.1.1 dbname=mydb port=5432 user=myuser password=my_password', 'select name from country') as t1 (proname name, prosrc text);

Best Regards...

"Ferrell, Denise CTR NSWCDD, Z11" <denise.ferrell.ctr@navy.mil> writes:
> I've looked thru the documentation and I can't find where PostgreSQL allows for database links (something similar to what's available in Oracle).

Closest thing we've got is foreign tables based on the postgres_fdw
foreign data wrapper (or you could use a different wrapper if you
want to link to a non-Postgres database).

Jorge Daniel Fernandez
Leader - DBA Team

S: elgaita99   |  t:@openenglish
w: www.openenglish.com

Opensoft Argentina S.R.L
552 Suipacha , Piso 3to, Capital Federal
Argentina, (C1022AAR)

(*) The content of this electronic message may be privileged and confidential.
(*) If you are not an intended recipient of this email, please delete it and do not use it.
(*) The Open English name and the Open English logo are registered trademarks.
(*) Opensoft Argentina S.R.L is a vendor company of Open English LLC.