Re: [EXTERNAL] Oracle FDW version

От Jethro Elmer Sanidad
Тема Re: [EXTERNAL] Oracle FDW version
Дата
Re: [EXTERNAL] Oracle FDW version
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

Can you confirm in this email that our current version of PostgreSQL (9.2.24) is not compatible with any of oracle_fdw versions released? And you are recommending an upgrade? Thanks!

On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 2:04 PM Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com> wrote:
2023年8月23日(水) 12:47 Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com>:

> > On Aug 22, 2023, at 19:57, Jethro Elmer Sanidad <jethroelmersanidad@gardenia.com.ph> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I tried both the 1.5.0 and 2.0.0. Both returned error during 'make' command. Please see below:
>
> The API between PostgreSQL and foreign data wrappers has changed significantly since 9.4.  As Tom mentioned, you need to upgrade your server to something in-support.

FWIW oracle_fdw should actually build against PostgreSQL as far back as 9.3
(though finding packages would be a fruitless endeavour); the documentation
does explicitly mention that it will likely not build against forks which are
not compatible with the community code [1].

[1] https://github.com/laurenz/oracle_fdw#5-installation-requirements

Regards

Ian Barwick

--

image.png

Jethro Elmer T. Sanidad
Management Information Systems

O: +63 2 8889
8890 loc. 1354 | M: +63 9686809253

Gardenia Bakeries Philippines Incorporated | Laguna International Industrial Park (LIIP) | Binan 4024 | Laguna

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is confidential and subject to legal rights of Gardenia Bakeries (Philippines), Inc. (“GBPI”). If you received this email by error, you must not use or disclose any information in it and immediately notify the sender by return email and permanently delete this email (and all attachments) without any use of its contents. To the extent legally permitted, GBPI has no liability of any kind arising out of or in connection with any virus transmitted by this email, attachments, and/or any errors or omissions in content including transmissions through unauthorised use or tampering of email system and/or the integrity of the email being compromised. Any personal statements or opinions in this communication are those of the individual sender and do not reflect the views of GBPI. GBPI will never consent to or authorize the publication of defamatory statements or infringement of intellectual property. Only individuals authorized by GBPI’s Board of Directors may sign and/or accept proposals, contracts, or agreements as well as waive any legal right of GBPI. Any personal information in this email must be handled in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 of the Philippines and its implementing rules and regulations.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [EXTERNAL] Oracle FDW version
Сообщение: Re: [EXTERNAL] Oracle FDW version