Re: Link missing in the 14 release notes

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Link missing in the 14 release notes
Дата
Re: Link missing in the 14 release notes  ("Euler Taveira" <euler@eulerto.com>)
Список pgsql-docs
Greetings,

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 21:57 Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Thu, Jul  1, 2021 at 09:47:47PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 21:35 Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>     I normally link to only the _first_ mention of something, and since they
>     are both in the same section, I didn't add a link for the second one.
>     Adding a second link might suggest that there is more information
>     available, even though the coarseness of our links means that section is
>     the same.
>
> Perhaps the wording would be better as something like:
>
> New <a href=“…”>predefined roles</a> for granting access to read/write all
> tables have been added, called pg_read_all_data and pg_write_all_data ..?
>
> Or something along those lines?

I have avoided doing that since the link is about the roles, not about
the term "predefined roles".

I tend to agree that it’s about the roles, but it isn’t about just one of them …

> Just a thought.
>
> Perhaps another idea would be to make one link which includes both names.

Uh, that is going to look odd, I am afraid.

This thread started with the point that the current entry looks odd. I’m not sure this would look more odd than what is there now.

Thanks,

Stephen

Сообщение: Re: Link missing in the 14 release notes
Сообщение: Re: Link missing in the 14 release notes