Re: postgres disconnects on master after setting up replication

От Andy Hall
Тема Re: postgres disconnects on master after setting up replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
yep we think this is exactly the issue...we have been testing a new
build with a later driver in UAT this morning and no recurrence of the
issue so looking most probable. thanks all for the very prompt and
clear responses it's most appreciated.

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 at 13:09, Dave Cramer <davecramer@postgres.rocks> wrote:

> Dave Cramer
> www.postgres.rocks
>

> On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 at 12:32, Andy Hall <andyjohnhall@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> thanks for the very clear explanation much appreciated shall take this
>> back to the team.

>> > Hmm.  That "protocol version" is a GSS request:
>> >
>> > #define NEGOTIATE_GSS_CODE PG_PROTOCOL(1234,5680)
>> >
>> > So
>> >
>> > 1. You are using a server version that predates our GSS support.
>> >
>> > 2. On the other hand, the client knows GSS and is trying to use it.
>> > The client should fall back to a non-GSS connection upon receiving
>> > this error response.  But ...
>> >
>> > 3. Something --- it's not very clear what --- is seeing the error
>> > and going into an unwarranted panic.
>> >
>> > I'd try to figure out what's issuing the "Disabling all sessions"
>> > message and then filing a complaint with the authors of that.
>

> What version of the JDBC driver are you using? There was one version that unfortunately blindly sent out the GSS
request.
> That has been rectified in later versions, I believe somewhere around 42.2.20 or so.
>
> Although as Tom mentioned the driver does know how to deal with this, however there are some cloud providers that
choseto just drop the connection