Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning

От Jeevan Ladhe
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Amit,

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 12:31 PM, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
Oops, I meant to send one more comment.

On 2017/06/15 15:48, Amit Langote wrote:
> BTW, I noticed the following in 0002
+                                        errmsg("there exists a default partition for table \"%s\", cannot
add a new partition",

This error message style seems novel to me.  I'm not sure about the best
message text here, but maybe: "cannot add new partition to table \"%s\"
with default partition"

This sounds confusing to me, what about something like:
"\"%s\" has a default partition, cannot add a new partition."

Note that this comment belongs to patch 0002, and it will go away
in case we are going to have extended functionality i.e. patch 0003,
as in that patch we allow user to create a new partition even in the
cases when there exists a default partition.

Regards,
Jeevan Ladhe

От: Yugo Nagata
Сообщение: [HACKERS] Incorrect documentation about pg_stat_activity
От: Jeevan Ladhe
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning