passing text value with single quote to stored procedure

От Prabhjot Sheena
Тема passing text value with single quote to stored procedure
Дата
Re: passing text value with single quote to stored procedure  (Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi all
          I am currently having an issue with passing a value with a single quote in it to stored procedure

 i am trying to pass this text value QA_SUMMER ' 2013_(EU/US) to stored procedure text variable. it gives me error.

Here is more detail on this

My stored procedure is something like this

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION load_stage_start_v1( p_name text)

when this value is passed to the function

select load_stage_start_v1('QA_SUMMER'2013_(EU/US)');

This gives an error. Is there a way to fix this issue.

And if i am sending this question to the wrong mailing list pls let me know.

Thanks in advance