Re: passing text value with single quote to stored procedure

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: passing text value with single quote to stored procedure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/12/2013 03:05 PM, Prabhjot Sheena wrote:
> Hi all
>            I am currently having an issue with passing a value with a
> single quote in it to stored procedure
>
>   i am trying to pass this text value QA_SUMMER ' 2013_(EU/US) to stored
> procedure text variable. it gives me error.
>
> Here is more detail on this
>
> My stored procedure is something like this
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION load_stage_start_v1( p_name text)
>
> when this value is passed to the function
>
> select load_stage_start_v1('QA_SUMMER'2013_(EU/US)');
>
> This gives an error. Is there a way to fix this issue.

Without seeing the body of the function or the error message it is a bit
of a guess, that has never stopped me before, so here are a couple of
suggestions:

Dollar quoting
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/sql-syntax-lexical.html#SQL-SYNTAX-IDENTIFIERS
4.1.2.4. Dollar-quoted String Constants

so:

select load_stage_start_v1($$QA_SUMMER'2013_(EU/US)$$)

quote_literal
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/functions-string.html

Use quote_literal() in function to properly escape string.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com