Re: Fwd: BUG #15547: default timezone on servers running while timechanged from PDT to PST reverting to UTC.

От Matteo
Тема Re: Fwd: BUG #15547: default timezone on servers running while timechanged from PDT to PST reverting to UTC.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Yeah what's wrong definitely happened post start, because I replicate machines from the same codebase/kickstart every time, so I'm sure they're fine on install/boot. And this same thing happened on virtual and physical machines. Unfortunately I had no logs, because this bug was discovered about a month after the time switch, recent logs were no help and also journal had rotated several times over, so no luck there :(

thank you very much

Teo

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 6:38 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Matteo <gugoll@gmail.com> writes:
> I thought the same thing about tzdata but I didn't update that on any
> servers in that timeframe, the servers are only updated manually and the
> only package that I added was "psmisc-22.20-15.el7.x86_64" on Nov 14th.

Hm.  Just to clarify: do you believe that the servers with the wrong
timezone behavior actually changed behavior sometime after being started?
It'd be way easier to believe that they'd been wrong since postmaster
start.  Also, do you have the postmaster logs going back to startup?
It'd be interesting to check for possible error/warning messages at
postmaster start, and/or whenever the behavior changed.

Matteo